Thursday, June 11, 2020

Blast From The Past: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare


"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us."


I first discovered Cassandra Clare through the movie-The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. Before then, I had only heard that she was an author. After this movie, I decided to give her books a go (A chance if you will😊). I read the first three books in the Mortal Instruments before I took a break. I liked them, but I didn't love them like so many other people did. Luckily my friend recommended The Infernal Device Series to me. She said they were a prequel worth reading. Thus, began my journey with Casandra Clare. 

I had very little hope in this series since I didn't enjoy the Mortal Instruments. However, the first chapter had me hooked. I read this book in one day, to my family's disappointment 😊. I was a complete slug all day, (by the way, totally worth it!). The journey this book took me on, was one I won't forget.


Summary: 
                    In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series. The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London's dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovered that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters-including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves u against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with  magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them... 
                                                                -Goodreads 

Review: 
    I loved this series from the very beginning to the end. My favorite book was Clockwork Princess, (the third and final installment in this series). The plot was fantastic. There was every paranormal creature known to man, and yet the plot wasn't too crowded or busy. The story shaped the characters flawlessly and vice versa. Their personalities matched their actions and thoughts extremely well. I really got to understand everything about the shadowhunter world and the events that led to the Mortal Instrument Series. The romance was amazing. This book was the first book I picked up that detailed more than just a kiss. (I may have skimmed past those scenes, but don't hate. I was young and in my mind I was like WHAT?) The romance was not a major part of the book, which was good because it didn't need to be. It was a simple side story. I really liked reading about the culture in the 1800s. I definitely will reread this series again. 

After Reading: 
    I really enjoyed this series. It took you on a great adventure. I remember vivid scenes like their first breakfast together. The small, human-like, actions were what made this book. In a world full of supernaturals, it was really funny to watch these creatures do such mundane things. 

My mind was shocked by what happened at the end, especially the end of the whole trilogy. Trust me, you don't see it coming! 

Advice:  
    I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this book if you like paranormal, fantasy fiction books, or if you are just a big Cassandra Clare fan. I loved the series and the romance in it. It was a very entertaining and enjoyable read. I had my nose in this book the whole day, until I finally finished it. Then I bought the second book on kindle the same day, because I couldn't wait for the physical copy😊. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Villain by LJ Shen

  "As you know, clouds are more reliable than shooting stars. Common, but still magical. When the time comes and you grow up, ask for s...