Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Book Review: Teardrop Shot by Tijan


                    You think a portable tub would make a good sled on a glacier?

                    If scientists are able to add a rhino's horn to a horse through DNA manipulation, is that          a real unicorn? 


So many people recommended this book to me because:😄 
    😄.  It is a sports romance book which is a BIG weakness of mine (ahhh sports romances)
    ðŸ˜„.  It has a swoon-worthy book boyfriend (I have too many book boyfriends now...)

I can honestly say this is another five star read for me! I was intrigued from the very beginning, all the way to the last page in the epilogue. The premise was very interesting, and I loved the setting; at a camp. The characters were all flawed which I really like in books because it makes them feel a lot more real to me. 

Summary: 
                    I asked for his criteria for bed buddies-that's the PG version. He swore at me and said that he didn't do groupies. And just like that, or friendship was off to a great start. Reese Forster was the starting point guard for the Seattle Thunder. Gorgeous. Cocky. Loved by the nation. He's also attending preseason basketball training camp where I used to work. Correction: where I work again, because I was fired from my last job. And dumped. And I might have a tiny bit of baggage, but that's normal. Right? Reese and I shouldn't have become friends. We shouldn't have become roommates...(Except we did) 'm adorably psychotic. He's in the NBA. This is not a disaster waiting to happen, at all. 
                                                                                -Goodreads 

Characters: 
    Charlie: After reading about Charlie, I've decided that she's my new best friend. ðŸ˜„ She seriously seems like such a fun person to be around. Like everyone, she has her moments and her baggage, but that is what makes her Charlie. All the flaws and quirky things about Charlie, are all the reasons why I love her. She makes an awkward situation even more awkward and yet it's so entertaining to read it. I love her nervous habit because it makes her more unique. On the surface, she is a huge basketball fanatic, but underneath the facade, there is a woman wrecked with guilt and pain. Readers can't help but understand what she is going through. Overall, Charlie is a great character, and I loved every second of her. 

    Reese Forster: If only I could have my own real life Reese Forster... In summary, I love him. He is such a sweet and generous guy, but underneath he has the biggest heart of them all. Charlie is not the only one dealing with some personal baggage. Reese has his fair share of junk, but he handles it in such a great way. He had me swooning so many times with his sweet gestures and words. I love how he cares about Charlie. For lack of better words, Reese uses his power for good. 😂

Chemistry: 
    I 110% felt the chemistry from the first moment these two met. Although, I felt more like laughing really loudly, than the intensity between these two. Their chemistry wasn't all-consuming, but more like really REALLY cute and sweet. They just made me swoon and gush a lot. 

Plot: 
    I love how the story lines are incorporated in this book. There is so much happening at times, and yet there is nothing happening. The story lines with Charlie and her friends is really interesting to see unfold. The Reese story line is also really interesting because it shows many layers of him, rather than just the star studded basketball player. Tijan creates these story lines in a way that flows smoothly with the rest of the book. There's one serious story line that really got me thinking. I don't want to spoil it, but definitely think about it once you read it because it shows a different perspective not many think about.  

The Writing: 
    The writing is phenomenal. It's very fast paced, but not too fast paced. (if that makes any sense) In other words, the pace changes depending on the scenes and situations in the book. For example, there is one scene that is very serious, so the pace is a little slower. 

There is just enough backstory to understand what is going on, without feeling suffocated with information. I thought this book is a really fun and entertaining read. 

Rating:
    I am giving this book 5 stars! It's another out of the park winner. The characters are so original, and absolutely, amazingly, written that you can't help but love them. The relationship between the two main characters is so sweet and romantic. 

I HIGHLY recommend reading this book! 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Villain by LJ Shen

  "As you know, clouds are more reliable than shooting stars. Common, but still magical. When the time comes and you grow up, ask for s...