Saturday, May 23, 2020

Book Review: Bennett Mafia by Tijan




This book has been on my TBRA shelf for sometime, but I haven't reread it until yesterday. I finished the whole book in one day. If that doesn't tell you how good it is I don't know what does. :D 

I officially put this on my TBRA because I loved it so much the first time I read it. Now rereading it again, showed me how much more I liked it. 

Discovering Tijan: I discovered Tijan with her series;Fallen Crest, and I have loved every single book she has put out. Her way with words is so interesting and unique, I just love it! 

The Summary: 
    -Before: The book gives some flashbacks to set up the whole story. Our main character, Riley Bello is just meeting her roommate, Brooke Bennett. From there, the readers are able to read snippets of these two friends lives. Riley meets some of Brooke's family members including Kai, the one Riley is drawn too. I cannot give too much away in case of spoilers, but these flashback are pretty darn important. 
    -Present: This begins when our main character, Riley Bello, learns that her former roommate and friend, Brooke Bennett is missing. However now she goes by a different name: Raven, and her lifestyle is very different from before. Unfortunately for her, Brooke's brother Kai, is on the lookout for her in hope that she can help him find Brooke. However, Kai is a part of the mafia, in fact he is the leader of the Bennett Mafia, so obviously there is danger ahead. One day Riley is kidnapped by none other than Kai Bennett, aaaand that is where I end the summary. I don't want to give too much away, but definitely read it. 

The Characters: 
    -Lets start with none other than Riley Bello. First of all, I loved her as a character. I loved how she was not afraid, and how she took life by the balls (figuratively but you get the point). She is able to take care of herself, and is not afraid to show people who she is. Riley is a kickass heroine who has spunk, and a backbone.I loved how her spirit was unwavered the whole time, and that she is very loyal to her friends and cares deeply for them. 

    Kai Bennett: Kai is very protective of his family and is willing to do anything to make sure they are safe. I admire him, and what he does to keep his family from dying. I just really liked Kia. I liked his protective side, but caring side. And that ending, wow! He seems very standoffish and such a brooding guy, but as the nove continues, you get to see more of him, and how he opens up to Riley. 

    Brooke Bennett: I liked her, and didn't at the same time. She sometimes got on my nerves at how naive she can be, but at other times we saw her kickass side. The novel did not go into too much detail about Brooke other than the search for her. She just seemed like a character that was there, but wasn't if that makes any sense. Like she was important to the storyline, but I didn't really make a connection with her. 
    The secondary characters: I loved the secondary characters like the other brothers, or Riley's friends whom she roomed with the beginning. They seemed to really make the story come together, and at times gave a bit of comic relief to the very intense scenes. 

The Plot:
    I loved the plot. It was unique and different from whatever I read. It had so many different twists and turns, I constantly kept finding myself asking "Wait what just happened?" which I love. I love the twists and turns, it keeps me on the edge of my seat. The novel ended way too soon for me. I would really like for this to be turned into a series, that would be PERFECT. The chapters blending into one another, and it was very fluent from the beginning to the end. There were a few times where I was confused, but Tijan explained herself after those scenes in a really well done manner. 

The Chemistry: 
    This book had quite the build up. There wasn't just BAM! chemistry, it had morphed into something over the course of 14 or so years, which I thought was a very good idea. I like novels that build up tension and chemistry, instead of insta love. 

The Writing: 
    The writing was spectacular. There were zero writing error, probably because Tijan has many editors. i liked the style of writing and her way of words is just phenomenal. Tijan is one of the few authors who can write a story, and a good story. She is able to twist her words into sentences that create a masterpiece. Her word choice was great, and the organization was amazing. The way she started from the past to the present was very smooth and fluent. 

Overall: 
    Overall, this book was hands down one of the best books from Tijan. The structure of the novel was on pointe and so were the characters. The characters blended the whole plot and book into one spectacular masterpiece. I give this book five stars!! It was just perfection. All the pieces needed for a book were in this, and the amount of detail and description was great. I do not like a book that just word vomits for the first one hundred pages. Luckily, this book did not do that. This book was out of this world and I highly HIGHLY recommend it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Villain by LJ Shen

  "As you know, clouds are more reliable than shooting stars. Common, but still magical. When the time comes and you grow up, ask for s...