Sunday, June 14, 2020

Book Review: The Hunter by LJ Shen


           
   " I'm afraid I'll have to run you over. So let's spare you the hospital visit and me the                                                     inconvenience. Can you tell me why you're here? You're getting me in trouble."

    Time literally flew by when I read this book. All I remember was starting the book around 7:00 am, taking some breaks (the normal food, and bathroom breaks) and BAM, it was 3:00 pm, and I had just finished this book. Even though this book is not a part of the All Saints High Series, I highly recommend reading that series because you will enjoy this book a whole lot more. Luckily, most of the series is on Kindle Unlimited, so you can get them for free if you are subscribed to that.😊 

I must've been living under a rock because I didn't even realize that this book was downloaded on my kindle. One day, I literally just went onto the kindle app and BOOM! There it was. This book was amazing, funny, charming, sizzling, emotional, and just an overall roller-coaster ride that I never wanted to end! 

Summary: 
                                       " Hunter: I didn't mean to star in a sex tape, okay? It was just one of those unexplainable things. Like Stonehenge, Police Academy 2, and morning glory clouds. It just happened. Now my ball-busting father is sentencing me to six months of celibacy, sobriety, and morbid boredom under the roof of Boston's nerdiest girl alive, Sailor Brennan. the virginal archer is supposed to babysit my ass while I learn to take my place in Royal Pipelines, my family's oil company. Little does she know, that's not the only pipe I'll be laying...
                                        Sailor: I didn't want this gig, okay? But the deal was too sweet to walk away from. I needed the pubic endorsement; Hunter needed a nanny. Besides, what's six months in the grand scheme of things? It's not like I'm in danger of falling in love with the appallingly gorgeous, charismatic gazillionaire who happens to be one of Boston's most eligible bachelors. No. I will remain immune to Hunter Fitzpatrick's charm. Even at the cost of losing everything I have. Even at the cost of burning down his kingdom. "

Characters:  
    Sailor Brennan: First off, I love the name. Seriously. It is such a special and unique name, that I just LOVE it. ðŸ˜Š Besides that, I enjoyed reading Sailor's perspectives. They were very entertaining, yet serious too. There is a lot more to her than just a try-hard Olympic archer. I liked diving deeper into who she is, and who she wants to be. Although, at times I felt she was a little overly paranoid. 

    Hunter Fitzpatrick: As one of my favorite judges from So You Think You Can Dance said, "HOT TAMALE!" I don't know why, but I freaking loved Hunter. He was so childish at times, but very adulty at others. (Is adulty even a word?) He is a charmer, and able to put on the charm for most anyone. On the outside he is HAWT, but on the inside, he is a hot mess. So many things happened to him that built up time and time again, which created who we know as Hunter Fitzpatrick. I loved reading his perspectives, because they were just so funny. Hunter had very childish antics at times, but deep down he was a very loyal and caring character. 

Chemistry:  
    Did the room just get hotter, or was that just me? OK that sounded a little cringy, my apologies. The chemistry was everything. It was intense, funny, and fiery. I loved the banter between the two. The banter was so much fun to read, and I'd also imagine it was fun to write too. There were definitely many LOL (laugh out loud, in case you've been living under a rock and just entered the 21 century)(JK, it's just a common saying) moments, and swoon-worthy moments. When Hunter wants something, there's no stopping him. I loved how it wasn't an insta-love relationship. This one took it's sweet time, but the build up was totally worth it. 

Plot:  
    The plot was a lot more than I originally thought. It's not just a cute, nanny falls for the playboy romance. There is a lot more that goes on, and a lot of it under the radar. The story develops as you continue reading, especially at the end. WOAH, that ending! *mind blown* This book has depth and dimension that many do not even think or notice about while reading. The build up between the two characters was really well done. It was very well written in a way that makes the reader want to skip through the pages to see what happens, but also stay and read every single word. 

Rating:  
    I give this book 4.5 stars. I loved the plot, and Hunter Fitzpatrick. (Of course, hunter Fitzpatrick! Duh.) The characters were very well devolved, and detailed, as well as the plot. The plot had a lot of dimension and variety which I loved. The only thing I wasn't in love with was Sailor. I liked Sailor, but at certain times I just felt like she was very paranoid, a little overly paranoid. Overall, this was a spectacular read and I'm very excited to continue reading this series! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Villain by LJ Shen

  "As you know, clouds are more reliable than shooting stars. Common, but still magical. When the time comes and you grow up, ask for s...