Sunday, May 31, 2020

Book Review: Forbidden Fate by Mary Catherine Gebhard



I have no words. Zero. 

I literally just finished this book about two hours ago, and I have just been sitting here trying to put my thoughts into words. HOLY COW!!! 

I decided to read the previous book before this because I like to read books back to back just in case I forgot or missed something important, and boy was I happy I did that. I feel like it made me love the book and the characters even more. 

Disclaimer: I will be gushing about the characters and this book the WHOLE TIME, so BEWARE!!!

Summary: 
    I do not want to give any important information away, so this summary will be a little general. 

    There is a place called Crowne Point where the Crownes are treated like royalty. Literally. They have tons of events, charities, balls, and parties. In this family there are three children, Abigail, Gemma, and Grayson. The first book in the series Heartless Hero is about Abigail's story, while Stolen Soulmate and Forbidden Fate are Grayson's story. In Stolen Soulmate, Grayson accidentally kisses Story instead of his true love. Story, a servant to Abigail, finds out about Grayson's secret that no one knows about. Grayson hates Story, and even goes so far as to torment her. They both sign a contract where Story agrees to fix what she broke, and if she fails, then Grayson gets all of her, maybe even her heart. Then, in Forbidden Fate, zero time has passed and we pick up right where we ended. Story had one rule, and one rule only: Do not fall in love with the Prince. She breaks it though, and soon finds herself in a predicament. Story is forced to find refuge in someone else, another cruel prince. The only way their happily ever after will end is in heartbreak.

Characters:
     Story: I love Story! I love her personality and her character. She constantly evolves into a better and smarter person from the moment we meet her. Story has been through a lot in her life, and I love how she uses that  to become who she is now. She is a fantastic heroine! I love being able to go deeper into her thoughts and mind, especially moments with Grayson. Being a servant does not define Story at all. She has such a big heart and a great personality.



     Grayson: OMG, can he be my book boyfriend. Just kidding. He belongs with someone else. Grayson is such a complex character that I love. I love getting to know the person he is behind the facade, especially when he is with Story. Even though people call him a cruel prince, he really isn’t. Inside, he has such a big heart with thorns build all around it. He is a smart, misguided, protective prince that cares deeply for his family. When he is with Story, Gahhh. It’s just so cute to see the two of them evolve.


     Secondary Characters: WE NEED THEM! Sometimes in a book secondary characters are pretty much useless. They serve no purpose to the overall plot and theme. This book isn’t the case. The secondary characters literally served a purpose and made this book the way it is. I can’t give too much away because that would ruin the book, but these characters are UBER important. They make the story, and give this book so much more depth and so many more layers.

Chemistry:
     HOT TAMALE! 😂 The chemistry was on fire. Literally! Ok not literally, but you get the point. There was so much tension and so much build up, I love it. From the very first book in the series, you could tell that this story would be epic. The moments these two characters have, whether they are apart or not, are epic. I felt the chemistry off the pages of this book. But it isn’t just chemistry these two have. They have a deeper connection. They understand one another and are able to talk about anything and everything. It is amazing to witness something like this.

The Plot:
     Ok, so I can’t give much away, but the plot is EPIC. I still cannot get my head wrapped around it, it was that GOOD! There are so many twists and turns, and many of them had my stomach in knots.  I could feel the pain and heartbreak these two characters go through.

The Writing:
     The writing was amazing! Seriously! There were so many thoughtful words and phrases the characters said to each other that even had me feeling so many emotions: anger, sadness. I loved the poetry in this book. Gebhard has such a way with words that makes so many emotions flow through you. When Story or Grayson were sad, I felt sad. 😊

The Rating:
     I give this book 5⭐️! Hands down! The writing was phenomenal, the characters were great, the connection and chemistry was there, and so was the emotion. I literally had to talk with some of my friends and family about this book, and what I thought. This book was able to take me to a different world. I loved every second of this book, and it sure took me on a dollar coaster ride of emotions, but that’s what a good book does.

Overall:
     Like I said in the beginning, there are no words to describe my thoughts, but I’ll try. There were so many scenes I had no idea was coming, and the things that happen in this book I couldn’t believe. Just wow! I can’t wait for the next book in the series, and I highly, highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Villain by LJ Shen

  "As you know, clouds are more reliable than shooting stars. Common, but still magical. When the time comes and you grow up, ask for s...