Friday, June 5, 2020

FiveStar Friday: Corrupt by Penelope Douglas



What a roller-coaster ride! There are so many ups and downs, I had to stop counting after the fourth, maybe fifth time. Penelope Douglas creates such a spectacular world with amazing characters that I can say, I will definitely reread this whole series multiple times!

Summary:
    Corrupt (standalone series) opens up to a world full of revenge, greed, deceit, envy, violence, and lust like no other. Erika Fane, Rika, is getting ready to move to a new city, leaving behind her ex-boyfriend and her family. However, her ex-boyfriend's brother, Michael Crist, currently resides in this new city. Ever since she met him, Rika has been terrified of Michael, yet she is very much attracted to him. Her arrival to this city initiates a plot of revenge no one saw coming. 

This book is book 1-4 in a standalone series. The perspective is in first person and changes between Erika and Michael throughout the whole book. 

Review: 
    Holy Moly! What did I just read? I read this book over the weekend, and let me just tell you: Go pick it up! (Only if you really like romance with dark elements and a hot alpha male). 
    So much happens in this book, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this, but let me start with the basics.

Characters: 
    Erika: I really like Erika as our h. She stands her ground when it comes to Michael, and I applaud her. I love how she doesn't change who she is and what she stands for. Rika is a spontaneous character, which is the reason why I love this book so much. If it weren't for her and her actions, I don't know if I would have liked it as much. She is a very strong, genuine, realistic character. Realistic characters make the novels more entertaining and exciting, and Rika is no exception. I love her in this book, and I love reading all about her. There is a lot more to Erika than what meets the eye. 

    Michael: Oh Boy. There are so many actions Michael takes that I absolutely do not agree with, yet I could not stop myself from liking him. I don't know why, but I just love him. He is a very shielded character, and I love uncovering and understanding him. It was interesting to read Michael's prospective because we get to go deeper into his head and his thoughts. Michael is not as simple as everyone thinks. 

    The Secondary Characters: 
    I absolutely love the secondary characters, even one particular person whom I hated from the very beginning, but somehow grew to love. I cannot wait for Will's book. I am beyond excited!!! 

Chemistry:
    Penelope Douglas is a spectacular author because she can create chemistry from practically nothing. (And the chemistry is INSANE) The chemistry between Erika and Michael was off the charts. In literally every scene together, the chemistry was incredible. I often felt like I was intruding. 

Why 5 Stars?
    This book deserves 5 stars and so much more! There is so much tension and build up (which are my favorite parts of the book) that I could not put this book down! I never felt bored for one second reading this book. The only reason why I put this down was for: bathroom breaks, food, and analyzing what just happened. I loved reading this book, and it was very entertaining to me. The plot is incredible with so may new twists and turns. There is so much happening in this book that I do not want to spoil, but if you are dying to talk about it too, then don't hesitate to reach out!

 I highly recommend reading this book if you love romance, an alpha H, and an intense plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Villain by LJ Shen

  "As you know, clouds are more reliable than shooting stars. Common, but still magical. When the time comes and you grow up, ask for s...