Thursday, May 28, 2020

Series Recommendation: The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout



The Lux series is one of my favorite young adult series I have read so far. The characters are very well written, so much so, that I feel like they are real living humans. Unfortunately, they are just characters. 

But can you imagine if these characters are actually alive? Wouldn't that would be cool? I mean, what would really happen? Also, does that mean that there are aliens on Earth? Really hot aliens???

If there is, where do I sign up? 

Back to the book series... 

Summary: 
    The series starts off with the first book: Obsidian. Our h, or protagonist, moves to West Virginia with her mom. Katy (our h) eventually meets her neighbors, the Black family. She hits it off immediately with Dee, but not Daemon, Dee's brother. Katy sees Daemon as hot, arrogant, and infuriating. But when Daemon literally stops time to save Katy's life, she realizes they are not humans. She learns that they are called Luxen, and they have the ability to bend and wield light. In order to survive, Katy needs to stick to Daemon, much to her dismay. Not only does Katy need to worry about Daemon's arrogance, but the Luxen's enemy: the Arum as well. 

Review: 
    Let me just start off by saying how much I love Daemon. I mean he is literally one of my book boyfriends. He is everything I need and want; protective, Alpha, hilarious, caring, loyal, and so much more.
     I love the relationship between Daemon and Katy. There is so much depth and character in this couple, which is why it is one of my favorites. Daemon is very egotistical, but Katy is always there to keep him in check. Those scenes are so funny, I vividly remember myself laughing out loud. 

    Armentrout created these characters in such a realistic and relatable way, that I constantly found myself wondering if I am similar to Katy, or Dee. The answer to that question is yes and no. I feel like Katy sometimes, and then at other times I feel like Dee. 

    The supernatural/fantasy/paranormal aspect plays a big role in this book, which is one thing I really like. I feel that a fantasy/paranormal book should have a lot of action, and not just fight scenes. I do not like the monotonous feel of fighting scenes, I need other action scenes. This book has this. The supernatural aspect is an important part. I mean, one of our main characters is an an alien, so obviously there is supernatural beings. There is also romance in this book too, but it meshes very well with the supernatural part. 

    Overall, I loved this series. It is such a good read, and a quick one. This series keeps you on edge, and constantly has you guessing. I love the feeling of time traveling within books, and this series I felt like I was time traveling the whole time. 

Why Recommend: 
    Other than the fact that there are hot alien characters, this book has depth and character. It creates a new world within a world. In other words, this book has a world (the supernatural one), within the real world (Earth/humans). The personalities of these characters add to the story, making this series even more unique. One thing I loved was that this series is completely unique and original. There are some parts that other fantasy/paranormal books have, like the characters, but the situations and actions within this series are very different. I loved this book, and highly recommend this to you. 

If you love swoon worthy boys, a kick ass heroin, and a spectacular rad, then definitely PICK THIS BOOK UP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Villain by LJ Shen

  "As you know, clouds are more reliable than shooting stars. Common, but still magical. When the time comes and you grow up, ask for s...