Thursday, October 15, 2020

Book Review: The Devils Crown Part II by Monica James

 ' "I'm going to kill them...kill them all," I growl with murderous rage.'



Monica James has done it again with this duology/spin off! Every book I read by her just keeps getting better and better! I couldn't wait to go back into this universe! 

The Devils Crown Part 1 ended in a major cliffhanger, so I immediately needed the sequel ASAP. Unfortunately, school just started when this book hit my kindle, so I'm a little late. *face palms* 

But...it did not disappoint! I loved every single second!

We picked up right after the first book ends *and after me throwing my kindle at the wall*. Things took a VERY drastic turn, complete 180 in the first fifty pages. So much so, that I constantly checked to make sure I was reading the right book. The characters were acting very different, and little ole Jayli was just very confused. Have no fear though, because Monica wrote it that way on purpose. The minute I realized that, literally a light bulb switched on, and everything made sense. This novel was written in a very smart and calculated way. 

As the story progressed, my seat moved further away from me, until I was about one inch from falling. No Joke. The scenes grew so intense that I found myself furiously flipping pages. And 
OMG the last 20% or so blew my mind! I applaud Monica for creating such an explosive finale to this series. The twists and turns throughout this novel were crazy, dark, and gritty. It had everything I was looking for. 

The writing was phenomenal, and I loved the little details and tidbits. Obviously, I can't imagine anyone else with Alec other than me, but I suppose Ella can try. 

In this novel, we see the characters in a completely different light, and it was entertaining to read that. I loved seeing the shy, timid Ella come out of her shell a little. 

All in all, I highly recommend this mafia romance duology to anyone that likes a good romance with a  hint of violence and danger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Villain by LJ Shen

  "As you know, clouds are more reliable than shooting stars. Common, but still magical. When the time comes and you grow up, ask for s...