Thursday, July 30, 2020

Book Review: Knox by Prescott Lane



                                     "You know the day is going to be crap when the hair tie on your ponytail isn't right. Two loops around is too loose, and three loops is too tight. The day is doomed." 

This novel has a little bit of everything for everyone. It has the small-town celebrity hero, second-chance romance, and an adorable relationship. 

Summary:

    Sexiest man alive, scene stealer, Hollywood headliner.

That’s what the world calls him. I’ve got more colorful names for him, all of which would be bleeped out if I was on air doing my radio show. Even if he hadn’t broken my heart, he would just be Knox to me. Not a famous movie star. 

Just a boy.

The boy who grew to be my first love. That is, until he ripped my heart out of my chest and stepped on it, live on the red carpet.

I thought that was all behind me. Until he decided to come waltzing back into my life. Granted, he looked hot as heck doing it, but that’s neither here nor there.

He may have acted alongside some of Hollywood’s hottest “it” girls, but being my leading man is a much harder part to win."
    

Characters:

    I like the characters, but I didn't fully connect with them. I feel like I understand the feelings and emotions they have, rather than experiencing those with them. There are not too many characters in this book because it mainly focuses on Mae and Knox. 

    

            Mae is an average girl who stands her ground when she should. She worries about her body image, and is extremely relatable at times. She likes target, (That for me is an automatic yes! Who doesn't like Target?) 
I like her and her perspective, but I feel like I didn't really know her well enough to be fully invested. 

            Knox: I also like Knox. He is really sweet and cute. However, we don't see him a lot in the fame aspect, except for the last 20 percent, so I didn't really witness him in that light. In the majority of the book, he is just a regular guy, and I completely forgot he was famous. 

    The secondary characters play a really small part in this book for me. I didn't really connect with any of them. (Some I just 


Plot:

    The plot is great! There are some really fun and entertaining scenes, as well as some bland scenes. 

    I love the radio host part of Mae's job. It is super fun and entertaining, even interesting to see the behind the scenes! I love how original the concept of this radio show is, which is why I wish there was more! 

    I like to read about how characters are independent, even though they are in a relationship. It's interesting to see how the characters "shine in their own light". I feel like this book has the opportunity to do that with this character, if there was just a little more elaboration on their separate lives.  

        One point I love are the cassette tapes! These characters use these tapes in such a fun and cute way, I can't help but love it! The idea is amazing, and I really need to go out and buy cassette tapes now! 
loved to see their beginning/childhood relationship, how it all began 

    The main focus of this whole novel is Mae and Knox, and their relationship. I like how the author put them as her main focus, but at times I was a little bored. There are moments when the relationship just seems kind of repetitive. For example, the characters have the same talk numerous times, and yet nothing really changes. 

   


Rating: 

    Overall, I give this book 3.5 stars! I like the characters and their personalities, but I didn't love them. I feel like I couldn't really connect with all of them. 

    The plot is interesting and intriguing. I like the originality it has in some of the scenes. I love the inner monologue the characters have at times. 

  The relationship between the characters is really cute and sweet. I like seeing how that evolves with time. 

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Villain by LJ Shen

  "As you know, clouds are more reliable than shooting stars. Common, but still magical. When the time comes and you grow up, ask for s...