Friday, July 17, 2020

Book Review: Billion Dollar Date by Bella Michaels

                                        "Oh my God, I forgot to tell you. I actually don't have a brain tumor. A neighbor was burning trash in their back yard. The one behind my bedroom. Though I have no idea how mom couldn't smell it." 

I always have such a good time with the best-friend's brother/sister trope for some reason. Most books are really entertaining and just fun to read. This book was one of them. I like the characters, and the plot a lot. I did think the end is a bit fast for me, and I didn't really see a lot of struggle between the characters. But overall, it was good. 

Summary: 

                                    ' "Hello Enzo." With just two simple words, Chari Atwood storms back into my life. Beautiful. Irresistible. The woman standing before me is not the girl I knew growing up. And I'm not the same hopeful kid everyone thought was going nowhere fast. Nowadays, I'm a hero. A celebrity. A man who isn't content with the billions in his band account. Call me ambitious if you want. I have my sights set on the rest of the world, and don't have time for a relationship, including the one woman who still has the power to being me to my knees. I will not break. I will not succumb. Except that I'm used to getting exactly what I want, and after one chance encounter, it's clear tat what I want is Chari Atwood . . . even if she is my best-friend's little sister.' 


Review: 

    I like this book. I think this is a cute, funny, and charming contemporary romance. There isn't a whole lot of buildup, which I didn't like because I love my build up. The slow burn, will they or won't they is the best. I feel like this book lacks that tension, which also takes away from the relationship. I like their relationship, but it seems a little too smooth for reality. I like to see the couples struggle with normal, realistic things, and that ddn't show through for me. 

    However, I like the idea of the small-town celebrity. Enzo is a hardworking, caring person who is very successful. I love the small family moments we get to see because it creates a way for the readers to make a connection to the characters. 

    I like Chari. She is also hardworking, except her occupation is teaching. She can be funny at times which I really like, otherwise the story is a little bland. 

    Overall, I like this book. It has good characters with a sweet romance. Although there isn't a ton of buildup, you get to see the characters build their relationship together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Villain by LJ Shen

  "As you know, clouds are more reliable than shooting stars. Common, but still magical. When the time comes and you grow up, ask for s...