Monday, June 22, 2020

Book Review: Darkest Sin by J. Saman




                "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Only, the laws of physic do not apply human interactions. No, human interactions, at least in my experience, tend to be more the product of chaos theory. A goddamn butterfly-no pun intended-flaps its motherfucking wings, and lo and behold, there is a tsunami."

J. Saman got me hooked onto this book from the very first sentence in the blurb! I knew I would like it instantly. It had everything I love in a romantic suspense novel! Without further ado, I present my Darkest Sin review. 

Summary:  
                                        "Everyone has an ex who haunts them. Mine shot me in the arm and told me to run r he'd kill everyone I ever loved. And then he'd kill me. Years later, he's made good on that promise. I'm the only one left. He's got his sights set on finding me, and my options on places to hide are quickly running out. Until I meet a gorgeous assassin with an agenda of his own...putting not only my life, but my heart in danger. With piercing green eyes and irresistible confidence, Gavin tells me not to be afraid. Promises he's on my side. Swears he's here to protect me instead of doing what he does best...kill. The desire to trust him is tempting. The passion between us, even more so. But when everything I thought I knew suddenly flipped upside down, and all that's dangerous and forbidden comes to light, I have to make a choice. Continue to run and hide...Or risk it all, including the man who somehow captured my heart." 


Characters: 
    Emma: Throughout the whole book I had one common thought about Emma-she is such a strong and admirable character. There were so many awful situations Emma was involved in, but each and every one showed how much strength she has. I love that we see two different sides of Emma-the innocent, quiet one, and the loud angry one. You never know which one you'll get, Gavin never knew 😂. I really liked how the author showed Emma in an easily relatable and like-able character. She reacted to information just like anyone else would in a certain situation, which I really admire. Throughout the whole book, I loved Emma's attitude and snarkiness (I just created my own word I think). It was so fun reading about her, and learning more about her personality. 


    Gavin: I loved Gavin. I though he was such a funny person to be around, which is kind of bizarre given his line of work (But oh well, he's still one of my favorites and no amount of killing will change that, hopefully). Gavin has many different sides to him, the funny, charming side, and then the dark and dangerous side. I liked seeing both sides in very different lighting. He reminds me a little of a character by Tijan-Logan Kade. (I don't know it it's just me, but they just seem really similar in their personalities and hotness). 
   

Plot: 
    I had so many expectations going into this book, and J. Saman has managed to surpass them all. From the get-go, the book had intrigued me. I love murder mysteries, suspense, and romance all bundled into one book. I was about 32% (Chapter 12) in, and I could already tell I'd love this book. There is so much depth and character within this book. The plot is multi-dimensional, and the characters had so much depth. It wasn't, what you see is what you get. The more the book continues, the more you learn about the characters and start to feel for them. You will definitely grow attachments and emotions in this book. There are very good twists in this book to keep you on your toes guessing. At times, I had a feeling in my gut that was like: something bad is about to happen. The ending seemed a bit rushed and repetitive to me. But, I guess where else was the author suppose to turn? I liked the ending, but it seemed a little anti-climatic to me. 


Chemistry: 
    Chemistry!!! There definitely was chemistry...or should I say banter? The banter was so fun and innocent (at times), which is so funny to me given their current situation. The chemistry wasn't all consuming, but it was there and readers can definitely feel it. The characters seemed very magnetized to each other, which I thought was very cute and romantic. 


Rating:  
    I give this book 4/5 stars! I enjoyed the book! There was romance, suspense, violence, and mystery which are the perfect ingredients in a good book. The characters were very well written and I liked seeing the different personalities. The ending just seemed a little repetitive and a little anti-climatic to me. Therefore, i gave this book 4 stars. 

I HIGHLY recommend this book if it intrigues you just a little bit, because you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Villain by LJ Shen

  "As you know, clouds are more reliable than shooting stars. Common, but still magical. When the time comes and you grow up, ask for s...