Thursday, May 21, 2020

Book Review: Dear Enemy by Kristen Callihan

                               

OMG!!! I was not expecting this book to be as good as it was. I was just surfing through Kindle Unlimited when I saw this book. The cover is so pretty, and because of that, I decided to read it. (LOL). Anyway, my expectations were not that high because I went into this blind, but I am glad I read this. 

The story starts off with the two characters meeting, and then their relationship through the years, including elementary, middle and high school. The book really starts off about ten years later when Delilah (main protagonist) gets a random message on her phone about her sister. She then realizes that her sister disappeared when she stole Macon Saints valuable possession-an heirloom. Now, during the years that Macon and Delilah met, he dated her sister Sam, and actually loathed Delilah. So back to ten years later, Delilah has to go to Macon (an upcoming actor) who is intent on finding her sister, but her sister has run. They both hate each other, so this is a "recipe for disaster", but is it? Time may have lessened the pain, but does it lessen their hate for each other?

Ok let's start off with the characters. 
   ~ The main protagonist, Delilah, was spectacular. I loved her as the main protagonist. She was feisty, honest, blunt, caring, loyal, and protective. She loved her comebacks and I found myself laughing at some of the things she said. On the surface, she was just a normal teen, but as you got to know her more, it is very easy to relate to her, and understand where she comes from. 
    ~Macon Saint. OMG, are there any words? He was delicious, loyal, arrogant, and overall a great character. There were many layers to him, and as I continued reading, I discovered them and started caring for him. 

Chemistry: 
    ~The chemistry was SO THERE. I literally felt their chemistry come off the pages of the book. There were so many awe moments, and cute moments. Some even had me giddy. Their relationship was built up in such a good way that I felt was not rushed, which is great.   

Plot:  
    ~The plot was very good. There were some moments were I guessed what would happen, so that was a small thing for me. I like to be kept on my toe, and this book did that, but not as much as I would have liked. 
    ~The ending was my least favorite, just because I didn't agree with how she ended it. If you read it, comment down below your opinion of the ending. 

Overall:
I loved this book, and I cherished some of the moments. It was such a good read, and I am so glad that I read it. Highly recommend it for people who love a good romance. 

Genres:
Fiction, contemporary romance, bully romance, new adult 

 I give this book 4 stars, only because I didn't agree with the ending. Highly HIGHLY recommend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Villain by LJ Shen

  "As you know, clouds are more reliable than shooting stars. Common, but still magical. When the time comes and you grow up, ask for s...